Sciatica is an unfortunate condition that can cause severe pain that can significantly impact a person's quality of life. The pain from sciatica radiates from the lower back and on down through the legs, calves, and even down to the feet. The good news is that there are natural treatment options that can get you pain relief from sciatica, including chiropractic care at our Fremont, NE office near you. If are looking for chiropractic treatment, we at Fremont Chiropractic Clinic are here to help.
Sciatica is a term used to describe pain that's caused when the sciatic nerve, a massive nerve that travels from one's back down each leg, becomes irritated, injured, or compressed. Symptoms of sciatica include:
- Sharp or shooting pain: Some people with sciatica will report a sharp almost electric-like pain that will shoot down their legs. This pain may be so intense as to prevent you from moving.
- Numbness and tingling: Other individuals with sciatica may experience a more persistent tingling sensation that may feel something like their body being exposed to thousands of pins and needles. This can occur in tandem with general numbness.
- Muscle weakness: Without a nerve that's properly working, one or both legs may feel weaker and a person with sciatica may find it difficult to stand, walk, or otherwise engage in normal motions.
How Chiropractic Care Can Provide Pan Relief
Chiropractic treatment involves a non-invasive, holistic approach to pain relief. A chiropractor on our team will provide a thorough diagnosis to help determine what is causing the issues with your sciatic nerve. We will then develop a tailored plan to address those root causes. A few methods we might recommend and use in your journey to pain relief include:
- Spinal adjustments: Realigning the spine through spinal adjustments can work to relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve, thereby potentially reducing inflammation and the painful symptoms resulting from it.
- Soft tissue therapies: Soft tissue manipulation work to help release tension in the muscles that support and surround the sciatic nerve. This can likewise help to relieve pressure and reduce or even eliminate sciatica symptoms.
- Exercise and rehabilitation: Lasting pain relief might require a person to strengthen the muscles that support injured area. A chiropractor on our team will help provide guidance on proper ergonomic adjustments to help prevent aggravation of the sciatic nerve in the future as well as provide specific exercises and stretches.
Get Chiropractic Treatment from a Chiropractor for Pain Relief
Our Fremont, NE, chiropractic team is here to help you get the pain relief you need. Contact us at (402) 727-7219 today to schedule a consultation. We at Fremont Chiropractic Clinic are here to help.